12.8.09

My Canterbury Tale

On the weekend just passed I decided to go Canterbury (in Kent) with a friend. I live about an hour and a half away, but never got round to go visiting the district. If I had know how amazing it was I definitely would have gone to visit a lot sooner! We saw the Canterbury Tales, the cathedral, had a boat trip, and had one of the best meals I have had in a long while.

I fell in love with the cathedral so much that I had to post about it. I took maybe 50 pictures of it but none of them capture how amazing the building is. It has a lot of original elements mixed perfectly with restored ones. There is medieval design along side some quite modern pieces. Also another thing that I really enjoyed about the cathedral was the typography, lots of it all over. It's so grand and intricate that I am sure its one of the greatest buildings in the whole of the UK! It's definitely become my favourite.

Below are some of the pics I took (I decided to add a couple stupid photoshop effects to them just for fun).



No comments: